Information About the Novel Coronavirus (COVID–19)
Working with our clients in a safe and healthy environment is our greatest concern and top priority. We have implemented CDC-recommended steps to reduce the potential for the virus to spread in our facility and have kept up to date on protocols around use of masks and other personal protective equipment in compliance with public health official’s recommendations.
Turning Point Assessments is following the Public Health Order 20-28 at part of the Safer at Home directive, updated June 1, 2021:
As a general rule, the following mental health licenses will adhere to the “Limited Healthcare Settings” requirements, with some exceptions: ● Addiction Counselors ● Licensed Clinical Social Workers ● Licensed Professional Counselors ● Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists ● Licensed Psychologists ● Registered Psychotherapists (now referred to as unlicensed psychotherapists in accordance with recent statute updates.)
If you can answer yes to any of the following questions, please consider postponing testing.
1. Show any of the following symptoms: fever, coughing/sneezing, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose/congestion or muscle aches;
2. Were exposed to someone with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19; and
3. Have traveled to high-risk areas recently
Staff engage in best practices for health and safety of themselves and clients, including:
- Washing hands thoroughly and frequently with soap and water and using hand sanitizer in areas where soap and water are not available;
- Not touching eyes, nose, or mouth, and using proper respiratory etiquette (i.e., cover your mouth if you sneeze or cough); and
- Staying home if sick, have been exposed to COVID-19, or have a fever.
- Wearing protective masks during all in-office client interactions
Our assessments cannot be performed remotely without reducing the accuracy of the results. Wearing a mask does not impact the assessment results, but if we need to see you or your child’s entire face to ensure accuracy, we have face shields. At this time, our assessment providers are fully vaccinated and will continue to wear a mask. Please respect our safety and that of our family’s by wearing a mask even if you are vaccinated (this is also currently mandated by the State for our type of agency). We do sit a few feet from our clients with a large desk area in between and have no need for direct contact. In some cases, there will be a clear plexiglass guard kept between clients and the examiner during testing. We keep tissues and hand sanitizer on the desk during the assessment. We clean and sanitize all materials after each use including test materials, pencils, clip boards, computer keyboards and copy machine etc. We are no longer shaking hands, but you are still warmly welcomed.
We look forward to meeting you soon and helping you with your assessment needs.
The Turning Point Team – Dr. Patty Meek, Patty Martens, and Lisa Baker